Wednesday, January 29, 2003

My Preciousss Time

I had my "bum days" after graduation. It was during those times that I miss being busy. I was staying at home, hanging out in front of the TV or PC. I used to say that I would love to experience days that are productive for me. I long for days that just pass by without me waiting for time and at the same time, knowing that I did something useful or meaningful. I wanted to have a certain pace in my life. I wanted a predictable schedule.

Now, when I come to think of it, I am experiencing THAT moment. Days are now passing by and I don't even realize it. Feels like I'm left behind. Too many things to do, too little time for myself or my family or even sleep. Gawd!!! I miss sleeping for looong hours!!! I wake up and half of the day has passed and I'm wondering where has the past week gone to. I barely see my siblings since they're asleep when I get home and they have left for school when I wake up. We just communicate through SMS... can you believe that?! My parents are always worried everytime I go home (past midnight). I have about a dozen unread books in my bookshelf. I rarely get to watch TV and I don't know what's happening around me. I miss watching movies and it's not like to to be unaware of new trailers in cinemas. I need more time-- like 26 hours a day. I feel like a robot. But then this is what I wanted, right?

I'm juggling them all. I'm just glad I have no other responsibility like my own family (husband and kids) or even a boyfriend. I dunno what I'm going to do if I have those additional stuff to juggle.

Next week, I'll be reporting for work from 6AM to 3PM. Now, I'm gonna compare what it's like. Will I have more or "my day" if I took that schedule? Unfortunately, I have already chosen a graveyard (night) shift for my actual call-taking. I just can't get myself to wake up that early if I'm used to waking up past 10 in the morning. The shift I chose is from 10PM to 7AM. At least I go home watching the sun as it rises, going against traffic since everyone is going to work and I'm going home. It's just my preference but that schedule might still change. I just hope that I'll get to do some things for myself next week.

No comments: