Saturday, October 08, 2005

Karen Kristie, MD?

You Should Get a MD (Doctor of Medicine)

You're both compassionate and brilliant - a rare combination.
You were born to be a doctor.



Yeah, I have always wanted to be a doctor. I can still remember I was 7 when I started writing in those autograph books (no internet yet):


Ambition: to be a doctor



I love to stay in hospitals. When I'm confined, I feel special and important and very much loved. I like the clean scent and the extra care people are showing each other. I don't just mean doctors/nurses to patients. I also refer to family members and loved ones. I know when I think of hospital, I think of "expensive", but knowing that people will do anything to keep a loved-one/patient safe and healthy reminds me that there is still compassion in humanity.


What happened to my ambition then? Well, after years of education, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor mainly for the money, but I can't afford to pay for Med school. I thought I'd take PT since it would be a good pre-Med course. But then after finishing BS PT, I also realized that I don't want to prolong my agony by studying for 5 or so more years after the board exams. I am working in the callcenter industry now, and I have no plans of continuing to Medicine anymore. But I promise myself I will go back to school and maybe take up further education (Masterals?) in Pediatric Physical Therapy. I would love that! *dreaming*

No comments: