Friday, April 03, 2009

Back to Reality

April Fool's Day
5:40 PM


The past few weeks have been a blur. I have set my pace and routine at work. I'm doing ok. These, then, are just random musings that have been running through my head. They are robbing me of sleep right now.


Two weekends ago, I went with some friends to a remote place up north. The place is called Anawangin and it's in Zambales, about a 3-hour car ride away from Manila. There was no electricity, no running water, and no phone signal. It was a "getaway" in the very essence of the word. I had fun. I was glad I came with friends. I even found new friends during that stay.



click pic to view album


The past few days, I have been reading this book. The movie counterpart helped me "get back on my feet". The book is ironic but funny. I can't help but snicker when I read its wit and sarcasm. It's just common sense, but sometimes, we need to be reminded (or maybe slapped in the face) that we are lost in our own fantasy world. Reality check is needed.



If I've read this book earlier, it would have saved me a lot of time and effort in over-analyzing things.



So, thanks to the concept the movie and book taught me. Thanks also to *that* mysterious guy who has been making his presence known in my dreams lately. I hope he leaves my dreams and shows up in my real world again. >_<


Oh yeah... I am so back!

No comments: