Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yesterday's Lesson

Yesterday, I learned that:


Just because you're lonely doesn't mean you have to settle for someone or something lesser than you think you deserve.



I didn't know I can be masochistic at times. I watched "Valentine's Day" alone. Don't get me wrong, I am used to watching movies alone for years now. I actually enjoy that because I can show my reactions without worrying how people beside me would think, especially when I laugh out loud or sniffle my tears. The movie was a laugh trip most of the time. The last part was touching. I love those kinds of films. It reminded me a bit of "Love Actually" wherein the stories of the characters are inter-connected. They have these different, but realistic endings since not everyone lives happily ever after. I like that.


After the film, I enjoyed a momentary but peaceful "alone time" with a hot cup of cappuccino and music. I needed that before going back to the madness called reality. It was great while it lasted.


Today, three of my friends will undergo the sacrament of matrimony. Now those are people I know who never settled until they felt that they were with the person they want to be with forever. I know I can be jaded with love sometimes, but going through this day, I can't help but be myself again-- an utterly hopeless romantic. Kris, Rej and Oneal: Congratulations and best wishes to you! May your married life be filled with wonderful memories you will cherish through the years. =)


beating heart

2 comments:

Mildred Ratched said...

I agree 100% with what you learned. I always tell people when they inquire why I'm without a significant other at my age (like being alone makes me defective in some way) that "being alone is better than being with the wrong person".

Unknown said...

I think I know how you feel. I have been without a significant other for three years now and counting. I don't wanna get into another relationship just because. =)

Thanks for leaving a comment!