Saturday, June 12, 2010

Something Random

The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before.
~ "Good Will Hunting"



Today is Philippine Independence Day. I personally don't celebrate it, but this year's a bit more memorable because the country will have a new president in a few days.


No, I shall not discuss politics. I am blogging because the past few days really helped me mellow things down a bit. By that, I mean, I've learned to pace things and not always hurry like I'm running after something that is not there. Zest, maybe? But I'm sure I can find it in me one of these days.


Yesterday, a colleague of mine died in his sleep. He was younger than I am. He has little kids as well. It was just the reality check I needed. Life is temporary. Life is short. So, everyday, I'll find a reason to smile. Like yesterday, I saw this white Mercedes Benz with a wedding bouquet in front of it. At the back seat, I can see a couple in their wedding attire. They are probably celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I saw them and it just made me smile. Love like that gives me hope.


So, what made you smile today?

2 comments:

TDB said...

HI! The Daily Blah has moved! It is now located at http://thedailyblah.co.cc please update your feed subscriptions and linkbacks accordingly. THANKS!

pleas link it as The Daily Blah instead of dBlah. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

Unknown said...

Updated! Thanks! =)