Monday, July 25, 2011

The Perks of Being A Wallflower




"...We accept the love we think we deserve."

I picked this book up one random day in the book store because I found the title interesting. I read the blurb and I knew I want to read the story as soon as possible. It's just an added bonus that they are going to make a movie out of this and I am looking forward to that.

"...But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there."

The story of Charlie reminded me of "The Catcher in the Rye" combined with "The Incident of the Dog in the Night Time". The story is simple yet the characters are complex in their own ways. It is very interesting to note the literature, films and music mentioned in the books. I am listening to the songs from Charlie's "Winter" mix tape while I'm typing this and somehow, it helped me get a glimpse of the "real" Charlie. I believe there's a Charlie inside everyone of us-- pure, good and selfless-- no matter how out of place and weird this world sometimes makes us feel.

"...And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have. Good and bad."

No comments: