Monday, May 28, 2012

An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of KatherinesAn Abundance of Katherines by John Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The thing about chameleoning your way through life is that it gets to where nothing is real.

There is this child prodigy who tries to explain his penchant for girls named Katherine with some graphs and mathematical equations to form The Love Theorem. Then, there is this girl (not named Katherine) who thinks she is not living the life she wanted to live. All she wanted is to matter. They meet. They become friends. They shared laughter, tears, adventures, misadventures and a secret hiding place.

I am not into tangents and equations. Learning a new language is cool, but reading through a book and checking the meaning every so often of a word I don't understand can hamper my groove. On the other hand, there are still quotable lines. I like the Hassan-Colin friendship and the way they click. I think this is also the funniest John Green book I have read so far. I rate it 3 and a half stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: