Sunday, December 08, 2013

Love & Misadventure

Love & MisadventureLove & Misadventure by Lang Leav
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read bits and pieces of Lang Leav's poetry way back and I was one of those who were excited after knowing she's going to publish a book. Recently, I have admitted to reading mostly e-books, but I told myself that I would really prefer getting the actual book, so I can turn the paper pages.

Poetry is not for everyone, including Lang's work. Some people may think it's just hype or very Hallmark card-y, but the thing is, her words are formed to mean something that a lot of people can relate to-- life and love. There are bite-sized poems that are simple, even bordering on so-so, but there are poems that make me want to read out loud. After reading some of these poems, I find myself staring at the page, thinking of events in my life, then reading it all over again.

I never thought I would appreciate poetry this much, but people change. Words are powerful.

P.S.
I hope she continues her work and I hope one day, I can also own a book by Michael Faudet dedicated to Lang. :)

View all my reviews

No comments: