Saturday, April 05, 2014

Panic

PanicPanic by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A lot of contemporary YA authors are good at writing dystopian novels and Lauren Oliver is one of those. I have yet to finish her Delirium series because I wasn't that much excited reading the third one ("Requiem"), but I am intrigued by her stand-alone books.

The latest one, "Panic", contains themes about survival, fear, love, friendship and the strong urge to get away from a suffocating life. I'm sure a lot of YA readers can relate to those. I applaud the twists of the stories, although I am not that enamoured by the characters. There were a lot of gripping moments, but the ending seemed abrupt and left me a bit disappointed. Overall, this is still an interesting read and has a storytelling quality that is still Lauren Oliver.

View all my reviews

No comments: