Friday, September 14, 2007

Distractions

With everything that's been happening, what I need is something else to focus on. I need a distraction. If I have the means, I would prefer to be in a place I have never been before, or maybe go some place cold like Baguio City, or go to a beach somewhere in the north.


Someone asked me why I seem to be ok despite the stress at home. Yes, there are times when I'm not ok. I cry. I pray. Sometimes I do both at the same time, but life goes on. Besides, I still need to earn a living. I don't want to dwell in the sadness because I don't want to spend my time just crying, moping and wallowing in self-pity.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Next week, my sis and I are looking forward to the Candy Fair (the magazine, not the food. Haha!) We went to the fair last year and really enjoyed it. This year, Sponge Cola will still be performing so if anyone I know will be there, let's meet up! :)


Hopefully, Papa will be ok. The swelling (edema) is still there though it is getting smaller. As I write this, he, my mother and my sister are in the hospital for a check-up and we are always anxious of what the doctor would say. I hope the edema disappears so that he won't undergo expensive dialysis sessions. I'd rather spend my October preparing and attending the New Worlds Alliance 5th Sci-Fi and Fantasy convention. I don't want to see myself frequenting the hospital again.


Anyway, on November there is "Unreality Bites: The Philippine Graphic/Fiction Awards 2". We also attended the first one, Unmasked, last year. Neil Gaiman will be stepping on Philippine soil again for the awards night and the launch of "Expeditions: The 1st Philippine Graphic/Fiction Awards Compilation". I believe, he will also give a talk about “Imagination and Creativity in the Contemporary World” at the 20th Philippine Advertising Congress to be held on November 21-24 at the Subic Bay Convention Center.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~



There is also a sort-of unwelcome distraction. I liked this guy... I'm trying to deny it. Ok, I still like this guy but let's just say the circumstances don't allow us to be more than just friends. I'm not complaining. I know I am not ready to be in another serious romantic relationship. The last thing I need is another bout of "unrequited love". Feels like high school all over again. Geez...


Oh well, I'm taking this a day at a time. There are still A LOT of things in this life I am looking forward to and I am very grateful of. :)

No comments: