Monday, August 02, 2010

Summing Up My Weekend

Salt

I can't believe that is it! I want more! I need more!


Oh well, that's what I thought after the end credits flashed on screen. The movie was action-packed. There was never a dull moment. It was awesome to think that Angelina Jolie did all her stunts and it doesn't bother me that she's been doing that type of a role a little too often now. She is not the kind of actress who will fall into the typecasting trap. The plot was unpredictable and kept me on the edge of my seat. It wasn't brain-racking, but still, the story kept me guessing. Sometimes, it's too much action, but then, there is still enough heart in it.


Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian


It is a good way to end the series. It answered the nagging questions from the previous books yet it kept me longing for more adventures. After seven books, I thought it would have exhausted me, or worse, bored me but it didn't. The touchy and teary-eyed moments are still there. There is no anti-climax (thank goodness!) unlike a series I know. There was a lot of "growing up" themes, but the kid in me still felt at home. I guess the death count is not as surprisingly high unlike another series I know (hehe!). There were predictable parts though, but still, who wouldn't want a happy ending, right?

No comments: