Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Game of Thrones: A Clash of Kings

A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1-2)A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since there is no half-star rating (4.5), I'll go with 4. Like some war-themed books I've read, I found my eyes skipping some lengthy descriptions and going directly to conversations. (But then I always go back.) It also helps that, as a visual learner, I look at the maps every so often. Sometimes, I couldn't help but wish "A Game of Thrones" has an "Atlas of Middle-earth" counterpart. (Or is there?) What's similar to my experience with reading the first book is that I still have my own favorite chapters, thus admitting to having my own favorite characters. There are characters I want to kill though. Maybe the book is bringing out the violent side of me. (Haha!) I guess that's how good a writer George R.R. Martin is. Like most great writers, he makes you a part of the world he created that sometimes you wish you were really a part of it. =)

View all my reviews

No comments: