Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Into the Woods

Into the WoodsInto the Woods by Lyn Gardner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoy reading "juvenile" books and this is probably one of those books that I loved more because the plot stuck to being "for kids". Imagine a story created with twists from Grimm's fairy tales. I had fun guessing from which fairy tale this character or this scene came from. The main character even reminded me of Neil Gaiman's Nobody (from "The Graveyard Book") and Coraline. I can also picture myself reading it to children who have a penchant for scary stories with moral lessons in the end. It has a dark side to it, yet it is heartwarming. The story may be a tad too long or too wordy, but Mini Grey's illustrations within the book will help spark the imagination of both kids and kids-at-heart.

View all my reviews

No comments: