Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pandemonium

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

[WARNING: May contain spoilers.]

If you want something, if you take it for your own, you'll always be taking it from someone else.

It's four and a half stars.

This is a rare occurrence but I like the second book better than the first. The beginning part was a bit slow-paced, but after a few chapters, reading Lena's story from different chronological perspectives got me tightly caught between "Then" and "Now". The Resistance builds and becomes more intriguing.

The way this book was written was a tad more direct, with a more violence and death and depression, which goes well with the way Lena slowly sheds her old self and finds a new one hidden deep within her. Then, there's this love triangle. I knew I had to choose again between Team Julian and Team Alex. I don't know why I always go for the guy who needed saving, the guy who would influence a crucial change in the girl's character and the same guy who never left. The ending of this book is interesting enough that I would want to know more what happens next.



View all my reviews

No comments: