Sunday, January 05, 2014

If I Stay

*** SPOILERS ***
*** SPOILERS ***
*** SPOILERS ***


If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)If I Stay by Gayle Forman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read a book and imagined the moments in it to happen to me in real life. This book has quite the opposite effect. I read it and it reminded me of things that happened in my life-- recent, sad and painful things.

"I have a feeling that once you live through something like this, you become a little bit invincible."

The story is narrated from Mia's point of view while she was in a coma. A car crash made her an orphan when her parents died on the spot. Her younger brother died in the hospital a few hours later. She recounts bits and pieces of her almost perfect family life, her amazing boyfriend and awesome best friend. As she does this, she is reminded of the different reasons that created tug-of-war in her. Will she let go or will she stay?

I have started reading a couple of books this new year. I did not continue with one because it was too sad for me. My sister recommended this and I have become curious when I learned that the author will be in Manila a few days from now to do a book signing. I started reading it without knowing what the story was about. This is still sad, but this is also the first book I finished in 2014. I like it enough that I will read the second one in this series. :)



View all my reviews

No comments: