Thursday, January 23, 2014

Just One Year

Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)Just One Year by Gayle Forman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Like the previous Gayle Forman two-book series I've read, "Just One Year" has a way of fitting the puzzle pieces missing in "Just One Day".

This book gives a glimpse of Willem's life from his point of view. The first half is not as exciting as I wished it would be. The second half is more interesting as the events would coincide with what happened to Allyson in the first book. It made sense. There are times when I get frustrated because I know they kept looking for each other when in fact they just needed to see what's under their noses (or needed to see the person sitting alone on the same freaking beach)! But life's like that. Sometimes, we have to go through a lot of detours, meet people and experience new things to make us who we are. When we're ready and it's meant to be, it will just fall into place.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking now and the lines between fiction and my reality get blurry. An idle mind does this. Oh well. :)

View all my reviews

No comments: