Sunday, February 23, 2014

This Song Will Save Your Life

This Song Will Save Your LifeThis Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sometimes people think they know you. They know a few facts about you, and they piece you together in a way that makes sense to them. And if you don't know yourself very well, you might even believe that they are right. But the truth is, that isn't you. That isn't you at all.

I found this book because I found a quote about music a few weeks ago in Tumblr that made me search for the author. This is one of those books that I would take as light reading and one would either love it or hate it depending on how you can relate to Elise, the main protagonist.

This book ended up surprising me with its witty characters, funny lines and inspiring quotations. There are lines when I feel like the author got a thought or two from my brain and wrote them on this book. The story is easy-flowing, like reading someone else's diary and relating to this person in a lot of levels. I think I wanted a music-infused, fairy tale kind of teenage experience that's why I like this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: