Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords

A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third book of the Game of Throne series is not as page-turning as the first two, but no matter how I try to find spoilers in Wikipedia, this book still has its own share of surprises. I think that's one of the reasons why I like George R.R. Martin's writing. He can make me love or hate a certain character and before I finish reading, the opinion or affinity I have with someone will change, and even do a 360-degree turn. He can write from a point-of-view of an innocent child in one chapter and change to a brutal outlaw who wants nothing more but revenge in the next chapter. This book is action-packed and, in my opinion, the most violent from the three I've read so far. That's the reason why I would stop and give it a rest from time to time. After watching the Game of Thrones series again, which gave me a whole lot of different perspective after reading the book, I resumed reading. So far, the books have not yet disappointed me.

View all my reviews

No comments: