Monday, October 29, 2012

The Rise of Nine

The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

WARNING: May contain SPOILERS.
WARNING: May contain SPOILERS.
WARNING: May contain SPOILERS.

I have read three books of the Lorien Legacies and so far, this is the book I really want to see being adapted into a movie. I started reading the book and even though its pace is fast and the story is action-packed, I couldn't help but procrastinate. When I got to the middle part though, I couldn't let it go. I wish I could read straight up to book 6 and know who indeed is Pittacus among all the Garde and who would end up killing Setrákus Ra.

I like the way the author does not forget that these are alien kids who are similar to human teenagers. They probably have hormone rushes, too. I like the way Seven kissed Eight and then said, "There's no time like the present!" I like the way Four finally found Sarah. I hope they also find Sam, so Six can have her share of the love bug. I am also interested who Nine would end up with and how they would be able to find Five. Is Five a he or a she? Is there still a living Cêpan left to help them?

The thing about reading a book series is that there is a possibility for the author to lose his grip on the story. There are instances when a reader gets lost in a lot of useless information and unimportant characters. I hope this author would keep the momentum going and would formulate an ending that would not be a disappointment. I have high hopes for this series. As long as the books maintain their being unpredictable, I believe they will remain appealing to its readers. =)

View all my reviews

No comments: