Saturday, August 03, 2013

Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & ParkEleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story may be fictional but it is far from a fairy tale. It is not the typical high school juvenile romance. The main characters are flawed. Perfectly flawed in their own ways. The story has moments that can change my mood in more ways than one-- from feeling morose to having a stupid smile plastered on my face to stifling a laughter.

If I were to write a story of how I wanted to fall in love for the first time, this would be it. Maybe I see some part of myself in Eleanor. Maybe I wanted to have a boyfriend, no, a champion like Park. Maybe I want to fall in love with someone who understands my weirdness and loves it. Maybe I want to have someone to talk with. Just have meaningful conversations about music, books, movies, the tragedy that is life with a little bit of sarcasm in between. Maybe I want to hold him and I want to be held by him and kiss him. A lot.

Reading this story is like ripping my side that is jaded and believing again in the purity of true love. But it can't really last, can it?

View all my reviews

No comments: