Thursday, August 01, 2013

The Cuckoo's Calling

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1)The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first third of this book has a similar pace to "The Casual Vacancy" and I have to admit, I found it dragging. When I got to the middle part, I was reminded of all those Agatha Christie novels I used to read. The writing was very descriptive. The protagonist is this macho, wounded war veteran and private detective, but his story has heart in it that makes him endearing. If I hadn't known it was JK Rowling who wrote this, I still would have doubted it was a male author. The ending was a bit predictable, but the twists and turns before reaching that ending made it an interesting read overall. There are still characters with odds and end that I want to know more about, so I can say I look forward to Cormoran Strike #2!

View all my reviews

No comments: