Friday, February 06, 2004

Physical or Psychological

Muscle Pain Syndrome. Rehab doctors fondly call it MPS. I just made a PT diagnosis for myself. I have been ignoring this chronic ache on my upper back for several years now (Yes, years!) and these past few days, the "ignoring" has taken it's toll. I was on bed and ready to sleep at about 9AM earlier. I couldn't find a comfortable position because of my MPS. By noontime, I begged my brother for a massage and I was able to sleep by 1PM. Imagine the agony!

Maybe it's a physical condition. Maybe I'm also stressed out from thinking about the things happening at work nowadays (I have plans to quit once I could get an assurance that the new job is better). Maybe I'm thinking of all sorts of things that's why I couldn't sleep. Maybe it's a mix of both physical and psychological conditions. I know one thing, I need help... Maybe from a doctor or a therapist. Or maybe a spa with whole body massage will do or just an ol' comfy sincere hug from a friend.

No comments: