Friday, May 28, 2004

Taho*

I enjoy drinking taho* in the morning. Before, I mix all the ingredients and usually accompany it with a couple of pan de sal* and my breakfast (er... dinner?) would be complete.

Then my mom taught me a new trick today. DO NOT MIX the taho. Just drink it as prepared by Manong magta-taho*. I did it and I found out that I am driven when I know that there is going to be a good result in the end. I am inspired if I know I'd be arriving at a conclusion that would be beneficial to me, and if I know I'd be enjoying what I worked hard to achieve.

How did I know that?

You see, taho ingredients consist mainly of tofu, sago* and caramelized syrup (molasses). Since I did not mix my drink, I ate the sago first, then gulped the "unflavored" and boring tofu chunks. I noticed I was able to finish my drink faster than before. You know why? Coz I was unconsciously eating the tofu faster than I used to because I wanted to get to the bottom part--- the most delicious part for it--- the syrup gathered at the bottom of my glass.

Mmmm... Love it! :)

-------

*pan de sal: national Pinoy bread. Hahaha!
*taho: Pinoy drink taken from Chinese culture. Usually sold in the streets every morning.
*Manong magta-taho: general name for the person who sells taho
*sago: tapioca

No comments: