Sunday, November 19, 2006

Finding Happy Thoughts

The world stopped for Filipinos watching the Pacquiao-Morales fight today. In my background the TV is blaring the delayed telecast. My family's cheering for the Filipino fighters. In all honesty, I don't really care. The world goes on especially if someone supposed to be special preferred to watch the fight than being with you. Wouldn't you feel "un-special" then? Besides, I think it's mostly media hype.


Good thing I've gathered enough happy thoughts yesterday to last me the weekend. After shift, my friends and I went to this mini market in Salcedo Village in Makati. It was wonderful! I saw food I haven't even seen or even tasted before. A lot of people were milling around. There were fruits and flowers and roasted pork, beef and fish (and they were roasting it there!) There were even more foreigners in there than locals. In the middle there was a place where one can sit down, share a table and eat heartily. Too bad I didn't have much appetite yesterday. I didn't even finish my fresh lumpia, but I love the flavored iced tea! At least I brought home a yummy chocolate mousse and another one with black and white layers of chocolate. I had difficulty finding something sugar-free for my diabetic father. Later, I ended up buying sugar free double fudge cookies for him. It was a bit pricey but it's for my father so I just had to close my eyes when I paid for them. It was worth it when I saw the look in his face. Haha! I wanna go back there next week and probably try the tiramisu, Krispy Kreme donuts and tuna pasta. Hehe!


After that we had lunch in Red Box and my throat still hurts a bit after 3 hours of videoke. It was fun though even if there were only 4 of us who sang our hearts out.


Going back to reality, I wonder when I'll be strong enough to learn to let go. It may mean giving up but on the other hand, it's like fighting the urge of wanting something (or someone) that was not meant for me. More than 3 years should be enough.


Cancer
A relationship is entering a hard period. Focus on the issue and fix it fast. Prepare yourself for an indecisive phase. Such confusion could shake a lesser mortal's confidence, but you should see it as an opportunity to appreciate how difficult everyday choices can be. Instead of fighting your tendency to look at all aspects of a problem, just go with it. Enjoy how things can look different from different perspectives, and indulge in the luxury of being able to process many options before committing to one solution.


Oh well. What can a girl do?

No comments: