Thursday, August 23, 2007

Transition



click to view original image



We all go through changes. These transitions would often, if not always, require adjustments. Adjusting would mean altering the state of being and even the routine. If I had autism or severe OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), my world would be falling apart. Well, I'm keeping an open mind. If a transition is not as natural as changing clouds into rain, then somehow, these transitions we go through can be difficult-- like changing the status of a couple from lovers to friends.


Some say it's impossible for former lovers to be friends but I'm giving it my best shot. I've already gone through the most awkward and uncomfortable first step (after 5 months of sort-of estrangement), but I think I'm gonna be ok. We're gonna be ok. It's like not letting it all go because I'm holding on to something precious. Yes, I still have my selfish side. *insert evil laugh*


Would it have been easier if we didn't just "fade silently into the night"? What if we fell apart because of some ubiquitous reason such as a third party? Would it have been easier if we broke up because he made me really angry and made me mad enough to stay away? Would it be ok after crying or shouting or throwing things away like some people do? Maybe it's all a matter of perspective. Maybe it's all the same. Whatever the reason, falling apart in any way is still as tough as it gets.

No comments: