Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Origins

A few weeks from now, my entire family is going to Bacolod -- my birthplace. I haven't been there for more than 11 years now. If only my grandma was well, we wouldn't plan on doing this for her birthday. But she's not and this may be the best time to visit her.


It has been a while. The city, I heard, looks different now. I can still remember glimpses of the place from my childhood memories. It's just a short one (6 days) for me and my siblings because we have to go back to work. Yeah, we have to earn the borrowed money we needed to go through this in the first place. There were several hindrances to this but my parents are quite excited about this trip. Since it is bound to happen, I might as well look forward to it.


I don't know exactly what to expect. I just want to have a good time. Besides, it's a week off from work. I must try not to think of the humongous workload that will be waiting for me when I come back. I'm gonna see people who grew older. Kids who are now taller than me. I'm gonna see new places and old ones. Heck, I'm gonna ride on a plane again! Yeah, it really has been a while...


My grandmother lives in the province-- in Murcia, Negros Occidental, near Kanlaon volcano. The place is about a couple of hours away from the city proper. I am quite excited to see the renovated Mambucal resort, it's hot springs, pool and waterfalls, which is just about 20 minutes away from my grandma's place. Oh how I wish I have the means to get a digital camera before the trip.


Before I leave, I should take advantage of what I have now in case I have to be stuck in the mountains with mosquitoes galore. I have to watch the finale of American Idol. Geez... I really hope Cook wins. Hehe! I also have to catch a couple of movies first (Prince Caspian and Sex and the City the movie?) and probably buy a book I can bring there (Twilight perhaps?).


I am quite torn. A part of me wants to go and another part wants to stay. I think I just have to go with the flow. If this feels right, then I should do it. Some people are gonna be missed but my love for travel beckons. =)

No comments: