Thursday, May 08, 2008

Finding a Door

I'm a few blocks away from the building where I work but I am not going to work tonight. I am not sick. I am waiting for my sister because we are going to a wake tonight (again). My aunt-in-law (my mother's cousin-in-law and close friend) died a few days ago and she is going to be buried tomorrow. My mother wants the entire family to be present. As a sign of respect, I filed a short notice for leave tonight. Good thing I did not have any problems.


Talking about death is not really a comfortable topic even between friends. Lately, I couldn't help but think about it with all of what's happening around me. Losing a loved-one is my greatest fear and I'd rather die first instead of experiencing that. But then again, death (aside from change and taxes) is one of the facts of life no one can escape from.


Despite the heat today, it rained hard earlier tonight. Maybe that's the reason why I feel empty. Or maybe it's just the time of the month. There is this void in me right now and I cannot point to what exactly can fill it.


Good thing there's tv and I had it all to myself earlier. Hahaha! I was able to watch "American Idol" and I think the remaining 3 are very deserving to be on top. They're all good performers although I am rooting for David Cook (woot!). They show earlier just made me smile. Maroon 5 performed their latest single "If I Never See Your Face Again" and I found some clips on Youtube of the making of their new video featuring Rihanna. I can't wait to see the final cut.


Since I got nothing better to do, I answered a blogthing quiz:





The Keys to Your Life



Anything good in your life comes from your ability to play and be free.



The best way for you to solve a problem is to let go of it.



Anything bad in your life comes from sinking to the level of those around you.



Remember to lift people up, and refuse to participate in anything petty.




If I have the keys, I think I better find the door.

No comments: