Monday, January 19, 2004

At the End of All Things

Here at last, at the end of all things... Actually, not really, but it felt like it is. No more anticipation for the next LOTR installment or movie premiere this December. No more countdown clock on my desktop. But hopefully, more entmoots* and more Sci-Fi and Fantasy conventions to come.

I spent most of my weekend at the con. Those were two unforgettable days. Some things were sacrificed, such as family time, sleep and a supposedly dinner with my work teammates. I personally think it was worth it. Too bad I did not get to share the con with my parents and him. But then they're the ones missing a great show.

One part was glad that finally it's over. I know a lot of people, especially in TPTS gave their best to make the con successful (with Eru's blessing of course!). And I'm proud to say that hell, yeah! Professor Tolkien couldn't have been more proud! One part of me is sad as well 'coz I know we'll be back to our normal lives again. No more costumes and custom-made action figures that made me feel like I'm in another dimension. I mean, where could you find an elf maiden from the woods of Middle-earth, an Enterprise hologram and Darth Maul sit together and talk except in New Worlds?! Or Neo a.k.a. Mr. Anderson go out on a date with Professot McGonagall?!

Because of the con, I got an urge to watch "Kill Bill Vol. 1". The cosplayers were really cool. I had a pic taken with the Witch King of Angmar! Post it next time. Hehehe! Since we won second best booth, I'm now looking forward to a pizza party next month! That is one good excuse to see my TPTS friends again.

Boy, was I glad to bring my camera along. I'll be posting shots here after I got them developed and scanned. Too bad I don't have a digital cam. So, I guess I have to borrow some pics from my friends first.

--------------------
*entmoot (n.): a gathering of ents or tree-hearders.
Adapted term by The Philippine Tolkien Society that means a gathering or meeting of its members.

No comments: