Friday, January 23, 2004

SAD

I should not be at work today. Why? Coz I was just informed by my supervisor that my schedule has been changed and I won't have the weekends as days off anymore. So that means no more gimmicks on weekends. I don't know what my new days off are and what my new time schedule would be since they were not considerate enough to call me or inform me though email beforehand. So I'm here working and I should not be here tonight. Then they expect me to report for work tomorrow when I already had plans for the weekend.

Can you just believe that?!

So, will I blame this on SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)***? I don't think so. I know I work at night and I need more than just light therapy. I need a complete summer vacation dammit!

*breathes deeply*

Now, is there anyone out there who would offer me a better work opportunity? I need it badly.

--------------------
***Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that occurs at the same time each year. The specific cause of SAD is not clearly understood. However, lack of sunlight caused by the shorter and darker days of winter, darkened or indoor workplaces, and long cloudy spells have been linked to episodes of depression in people with SAD. Some experts think SAD may be caused by a disturbance in the body's natural biological clock (circadian rhythms) or problems with the regulation of a brain chemical (neurotransmitter) called serotonin.

You are more prone to develop seasonal affective disorder (SAD) if you are:

> Female. 60% to 90% of people diagnosed with SAD are women

> An older teen or young adult. Young people are at higher risk for winter depressive episodes. The risk of developing SAD for the first time decreases as you grow older.

> Living far from the equator. People who live in the northern hemisphere develop seasonal affective disorder more often, although you can develop SAD no matter where you live.

> Working at a certain job or living in a situation that keeps you out of sunlight (such as working at night and sleeping during the daylight hours).

(Courtesy of WebMD)

No comments: