Sunday, April 23, 2006

Almost Empty Nest

The house is a little less noisy than before. My mother left for the province a week ago. She's staying at my grandmother's house and will be there a couple of weeks more. Earlier this morning, my sister left for Baguio City and is staying there for a few days with her friends. I'm here left with my father and brother.


It's been a while since I went to Baguio. I was, I think, 14 when I last went there. The last time I went home to the province was when I was 15. That was it. Been stuck to home and school and eventually, work, for the past 10 or so years. My father was disappointed when he learned he couldn't go to the province with Ma. He knows that the money was just given by my mother's cousin and if only I could afford it, I would have bought him tickets as well. But then we all have to go through sacrifices and he was left here with us.


That's probably why I have been feeling tired for the past week. I mean, I have been doing all the house chores after I arrive from work. But it seems I can't replace my mother when it comes to cleaning the house and the laundry. The house seems not that clean because of the lack of OC-ness (obsessive-compulsiveness) that only my mother can give. Now, my sis won't be here to help me so I guess I'll have to do my best. I was just glad I was on leave last Friday. It gave me an extra day to rest.


Been bombarding myself with tragedy and love stories by watching "Tristan + Isolde" (my movie rating here) and "Pride and Prejudice" for the past couple of days. It's been a while since I had a good cry and the latter almost gave me that. Almost, but not quite.


I bet this week is going to be a dragging one.


P.S.
Fancy seeing Henry Cavill again in "Tristan + Isolde" (played Melot). I wanted him to play Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". I found him quite fanciable when I saw him in "The Count of Monte Cristo" and yes, he has indeed grown up! Looks a bit like Orlando Bloom so, I know why I find him attractive. Hehe!

No comments: