Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Turning A New Leaf

I've immersed myself back into my regular routine. My Ma has made her decision and she's leaving on Friday. No, I did not love her less because of that. I actually look up to her for making a tough decision and sticking up to it. Oh well, sacrifices are always a part of life.


I'm nearly broke and it's still 10 days before next payday. I just wish we could afford to give my father a nice 65th birthday celebration on Saturday. If not, I guess what's important is being with him that day. I know I'm gonna be bombarded with household chores so in the next few days, there would be lesser sleep time and internet/leisure time for me. I guess just wanna make it up during the weekends. I am looking forward to us watching Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah Ze Muzikal on Sunday. The weekend after that, my sis and I will go to the Read-or-Die Convention.


Speaking of reading, books will always be a part of me. Since I started earning my own money, getting a worthy book has always been on my to-do and/or wish lists. I remember when I started working, my Ma used to get mad because most of money would just go to books. She wanted me to buy clothes instead. I told her books are like investments. Clothes are neccesities but they can be discarded when they don't fit anymore. But that's just me. I also see to it that they're either on sale or a part of the budget (or I just borrow from my friends. Haha!) Books are getting more expensive through the years and I'm just glad I started my own "collection" since I was in high school. I try my best to take care of my books and I hope we can have a nicer and more roomy book case. I love my books. I try to take care of them and also take note where they go whenever they are being borrowed. Haha! I've always dreamed of having a home with a library in it, but I guess my beloved bookshelf will do for now. =)

No comments: