Sunday, February 25, 2007

One Call for Alcohol

Some people drown themselves in alcohol to forget about problems. I heard before in school that there was a scientific study about the presence of alcohol in the brain. The study showed that alcohol would actually help make the brain remember more. That's why people who drink alcohol would actually think more of their problems and remember more memories and therefore, make them more depressed. I can't remember that study's title, but it's probably true. I mean, why would people still cry, shout and swear (and sometimes shamelessly sing out of tune) when they're drunk? Oh well. It's the sharing of thoughts and stories, the venting opportunities, the bonding moments and the company that really matter.



cheers!



I am an occasional drinker. I haven't been drunk in my life (I promise!) and it took me about 3 or 4 tries of tasting mixed drinks and/or light beer way back in college to finally let my system get used to it. I got alcohol allergies and it took time for my skin not to feel itchy and show red blotches.



mga tomador



Last Saturday, a couple of college buddies and I drank 2 whole pitchers of Zombie. I was surprised I wasn't even tipsy. I guess it was a bit mild. Yesterday, I met with some friends from the office, ate brunch and drank a glass of Zombie (again) while they got drunk on Weng Weng and Red Horse/San Mig Light. I am sick and am sane enough to limit myself to just 1 glass because I wanna go home alive and sober. Haha! It was fun though. That drinking session was after our shift so we were all drinking alcohol between 9 AM to 1 PM. Haha! Yeah, we, night workers, have a weird schedule to keep. We need that sometimes just to break the boring cycle. A few of us didn't mind the hangover. I guess it was worth it. Some of us have our own "issues" to share and I guess having alcohol in the system makes one a bit more daring to open up. I am not a beer drinker. I just drink up to 2 bottles of San Mig Light and that's all. I still prefer mixed drinks. No, I am not becoming an alcoholic. I just thought this deserves a blog entry because I've been drinking for the past 2 Saturdays now (and will probably drink again during Sponge Cola's gig on Wednesday in Malate). It's a record-breaker.



inuman na!



Glad it's my day off and I'm going to get some much-needed sleep. Have a great weekend everyone!


Click to view online album.

No comments: