Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Moving On: Day 16.5

I wonder.

I wonder a lot of things and today, I have added more mysteries in my life.

He officially announced his special someone to his friends and family. Why did I not deserve that kind of treatment or label? Am I not girlfriend material? Am I too fat? Too old? I wonder why.

Why did he have to lie to me? Why did he have to tell me he doesn't want to let me go only a few days before the big reveal?

Maybe he's an asshole. Maybe he's a coward who doesn't have the balls to tell me the truth. Maybe he's selfish. Maybe he's all of the above.

It hurts to be betrayed like this, but I know thay I played fair. I was always open and honest. I was a friend 'til the end. I can truly say that I don't have any regrets. I even wished him to be happy. I have to accept now that he is now officially a part of my past. I have to let go and start focusing on myself.

We hurt because we love too much.
But because we love too much, we heal.

No comments: