Saturday, November 18, 2017

Solo Trip

It was exactly a year ago when I experienced my first ever long-distance, solo, out-of-town trip. I wanted to go to a place where I thought I would get to know more the culture in Northern Luzon, particularly in the Ilocos region. Before that trip, the farthest I've been to up north is Baguio. I have to say, that trip was a total eye-opener for me. I shared a room and dined with strangers. We made each other's presence a part of our memories.

I have to admit that one major reason why I took that Vigan-Laoag-Pagudpud 3-day trip was because I wanted to get to know a certain person more. At that point in my life, he was someone special and I think if I am going to be a part of his future, I better learn a thing or two about his roots.

What a change a year can bring! Today, this person is no longer a part of my life because he chose a different path and he was never quite honest about it. I am still in the stage where I am confused, sad, uncertain and angry about what he did to me, but I am taking this anniversary of my trip to be another sign that I should embark on another SOLO trip. This time, I will embark on this journey for only myself.

So, here I am, a bit lonely but still feeling hopeful, on the edge of another year. I hope I will look back to this blog entry next year and smile because I know I will be better. I know that everything will be better.

No comments: