Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Shifting Sand

This song's been playing in my head the whole day. The lyrics best describe what I feel right now.


Shifting Sand ~ Caedmon's Call





Sometimes I believe all the lies
So I can do the things I should despise
And every day I am swayed
By whatever is on my mind


I hear it all depends on my faith
So I'm feeling precarious
The only problem I have with these mysteries
Is they're so mysterious


And like a consumer I've been thinking
If I could just get a bit more
More than my 15 minutes of faith,
Then I'd be secure


My faith is like shifting sand
Changed by every wave
My faith is like shifting sand
So I stand on grace


I've begged you for some proof
For my Thomas eyes to see
A slithering staff, a leprous hand
And lions resting lazily


A glimpse of your back-side glory
And this soaked altar going ablaze
But you know I've seen so much
I explained it away


Waters rose as my doubts reigned
My sand-castle faith, it slipped away
Found myself standing on your grace
It'd been there all the time

No comments: