Wednesday, August 02, 2006

No, thank you.

Sometimes we wish we were big, wish we were somewhere, wish we had that someone. But sometimes, we wish too much... That we miss to enjoy who we are, where we are and who we have. (text message from a friend)


The past few days were so stressful and I've shown a few signs of that. I've been taking unnecessary absences from work, been seeing several pimples on my face (yaiks!) and caught myself shouting at my sister for shallow reasons. It's really tough making a life-changing decision and weighing the pros and cons. Later today would be the deadline but I have made my decision. I'm going to stay. A part of me wanted to be adventurous and brave the unknown and I'm sure there are going to be some what-ifs because of this. At least I know I passed the grueling interviews despite the rain and the ungody hours. I guess I passed their standards, but they didn't pass mine. Almost... but not quite. If it was meant to be for me, the offer would be tempting enough to abandon my comfort zone. But the offer was not tempting. It was not enough. I have to be practical. I owe it to my family. I owe it to myself. Maybe there will be more and better opportunities out there. I certainly hope so.


P.S.
Another freaky reading from Yahoo! Astrology:

CANCER: Once the die is cast, it's cast -- and there's nothing you can do about it. This fact may leave you feeling a bit helpless, but it could also help you reprioritize your life and eradicate a lot of stress.

1 comment:

/iambrew said...

Sometimes we wish we were big, wish we were somewhere, wish we had that someone. But sometimes, we wish too much... That we miss to enjoy who we are, where we are and who we have.
***
awww....