Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Melancholy

Have you ever felt sad but can't pinpoint a certain reason behind it?


Since I started work last night, I felt sad. I don't think there is a specific reason for it. Maybe it's because work week has started and I wish I had a longer weekend. Or maybe because I wanted to spend more time having fun than sleeping (but then I just feel so tired). Or maybe because I don't like the calls I'm getting at work lately, especially on Mondays. Or maybe my hormones are causing my mood swings. Or maybe because I'm missing someone. Or maybe because these lines are playing in my head when I headed out the door to the office:


There are 8 billion people in this world
8 billion lives are changing
I never felt so alone...


There are 8 billion people in this world
8 billion lives are changing
and you're the one I need.



("The Ballad Of" by Hale)



Or maybe it's all of the above.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that sometimes, too. It seems that my entire system is on emo mode. I agree that it could be biological.

Unknown said...

rob: Yeah, it could. It's tough coz I just can't shake it off when it sets in. :(

Anonymous said...

you'll be fine. i feel that way too.. just keep smiling.

^_^

Unknown said...

marX: Thanks! This too shall pass. :)

Anonymous said...

ei karen! it happens to me din, more often that i like. obvious sa blog ko di ba? :) pero you'll get over it.