Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'm beffudled.

I passed the opportunity for a quality analyst position at work but some people, of whom I am grateful for, encouraged me to try, so I passed a letter of intent for the supervisory position instead. Weird huh? Oh well. In the next few weeks, my schedule at work is going to change. I may not have my usual weekends off because of my OJT and aside from thinking about the new reponsibilies I'm going to handle at work, I am also worried that it may affect the geeky July sched I have been looking forward to for the past months:


July 10 - my birthday! Yatta!
July 11 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie launch
July 14 and/or 15 - tentative New Worlds Alliance 5 Sci-Fi and Fantasy Convention
July 21 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book launch


I have been up and about these last few weekends attending meetings/parties and just preparing for the coming month... but I may not be there to experience it. Since the next convention's schedule has not been confirmed yet, I feel like I'm in a daze because I cannot do anything to adjust my schedule just in case I can still do something about it. Most people may not understand where I'm coming from and I know I have to set my priorities straight, but it's gonna be the saddest July I've ever had if I won't be able to do something about this. I don't have a specific passion and the NWA is the closest place I could find where I feel I truly belong. I've attended all 4 conventions and I don't want this year to be the first time I wouldn't be able to attend.


Yesterday, I caught an hour's sleep after work and found my way to a friend's place to attent TPTS's 5th Anniversary Party/moot. There was food, stories, discussions and a newbie too! We had fun. Hobbits dig parties! I have to say we made some progress with regards to planning our booth for the convention (I told you, I'm really looking forward to it.) I'm gonna miss the next few meetings and preparation because of my work sched, so I'm making the most out of it. After that, I came with a couple of friends to Fandom Cafe for a belated birthday celebration of one of our friends. Pictures here at Nick's album.





In other news, a special edition Harry Potter cover has been released and there are more clues Potterheads can uncover this time. Click here to view the article.

No comments: