Thursday, May 10, 2007

Opportunity Passes

I think I'm letting it go by.


There is a chance for me to be promoted at work. I really don't understand why I am thinking about this because I am not even passionate about my job. I guess I just need the money. They say "with great power comes great responsibilities" and I believe that. I don't think I can sacrifice time for myself and my family for a double or triple shift in the office. Not now... Not now when July is getting nearer and I'm not gonna miss that for the world! That's the only month this year that I, a self-confessed geek, am looking forward to (NOTE: "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" movie release, 5th NWA Sci-Fi and Fantasy Convention, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" book release, and of course, my birthday!). I don't think I can survive this year without attending those events.


This position is actually the one opening I have been waiting for for the past 2 years and I am torn. It was announced a couple of days ago and tomorrow is the deadline for applications. I sometimes think the short notice means that they don't wanna give us the time to think about it because the don't wanna promote people. I was supposed to update my resume, but here I am blogging away.


I also haven't gotten any encouragement from the people who matter the most to me. That's also one of the reasons why I am not applying. Maybe I am too much of a coward... Or maybe this isn't really the job for me.

No comments: