Saturday, October 16, 2004

Argh!




I knew from the start that this day is one of the most awful days this month. It all started with a cab driver who did not use the meter on my way to work. Hello? As if I'll give you a tip. I ride on a cab to work every night for the past couple of years and I know an asshole cab driver when I'm with one. I was almost late because someone used my PC and changed the settings. So, I had to retrieve my preferences before I start taking calls. I also learned that they implemented this "stick to your break sched" policy which means no more sharing of breaks and lunches with friends and no more sharing of stories. Imagine having breaks every hour then taking calls for four hours straight! No wonder my throat's dry and sore. It was a dragging 10-hour shift talking from one stupid caller to another.


Here comes the climax of this stupid and sad tale. My mother did not remember my telling her yesterday that I will be arriving home late today. I told her I'l go out with friends after my shift and will be home about lunchtime. My phone's battery was drained so I didn't know she was trying to call me. I received a bombardment of text messages upon charging my mobile's battery asking me where I was and that she's worried, blah blah. Typical Ma. I am used to that. I know she gets paranoid when it comes to us not coming home on our specified time. What I never expected (and I think was too farfetched!) was when she called my office to verify if I was still there. I couldn't believe it! (Considering the situation with the people in the company right now, THAT type of attention is not wanted.) I dunno who she spoke with.


Konting tiwala naman sana. It's not like I'm only 16. I'm 24 and as far as I know women my age are old enough to take care of themselves. I understand her concern but I was so embarrassed with what she did. It's not like it was past 12 midnight. It was only past 12 noon and the sun is scorching hot. I really couldn't believe it.


I went home really upset and reminded her that I DID tell her I'll be arriving late. She would not have worried. She is indeed getting old. :(

2 comments:

loryces said...

another bad day huh? *hugs*

about your mom, well lam mo naman, nag-aalala lang yun. pero tama ka, konting tiwala naman sana. hope everything's ok now. :)

Unknown said...

bati na kami. thanks! =)