Monday, October 18, 2004

Masskara Festival




This is one of the events I am missing since my family left Bacolod City and lived here in Manila. I miss the crowd and the smiles. I miss the food and the company. The last time I was in my hometown was about 8 years ago. It's been a long time.


Yesterday was the highlight of the Silver Anniversary of the Masskara Festival in Bacolod City. The good thing about local TV networks is that they were able to telecast the event live via satellite to those people who couldn't go to the City of Smiles and watch the event up close. The local government saw to it that it would be a successful event and will live up to the title "Philippine mardi gras".



picture by Bernard Billedo


For those interested in knowing a short history of the Masskara Festival, please click this. More pictures of the event here.

No comments: