Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Warrior




No, my week has not ended yet. I still have work tonight. Yes, six days straight. I am not just tired, I am also disappointed. I was planning to file for leave on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. I want to make sure that, as early as today, I'll be spending my holidays with my family unlike last year when I cried myself to work because it was the saddest Christmas Eve in my life. For the first time in my life, I did not spend Noche Buena at home. That was last year. I don't want it to happen again.


A Warrior of the Light can distinguish between the transient and the enduring.*


I was informed that our account does not allow leaves filed on December 24 and 31. I was thinking, "What the f%$k?! We earned those leave credits!" I was even informed that they gave warnings to those who will absent themselves and pay is triple on New Year's Eve. I don't care! I will file a leave and if they don't approve it, I will use my unplanned leaves warning or no warning! Even if it affects my attendance rating!


Sorry I got carried away. It's just that if I were to choose my job and my family, I'd choose my family without any second thoughts. I can find another job. But I only have ONE family.


A Warrior of the Light does not spend his days trying to play the role that others have chosen for him.*


I can't see myself still taking calls next year. I don't want to become stagnant and gather moss. My brain's kinda rusty now and I have to make some changes. But how? Only my path will tell. Kinda tough trying to make decisions when there are no options to choose from. But hey, if that Singapore thingie pushes through, I'll do it. I mean, if Bush loses the U.S. elections, goodbye to most callcenters in Manila! Why? 'Coz Bush is pro-outsourcing. If he loses, no more outsourcing here in the Philippines. From the looks of it, the callcenter industry is in danger (unless it's an in-house callcenter that is). But then again, we'll see...


A Warrior of the Light knows that he is free to choose his desires, and he makes these decisions with courage, detachment, and-- sometimes-- with just a touch of madness.*



*taken from Paulo Coelho's "The Warrior of the Light".

No comments: