Friday, November 26, 2004

much-needed break

Finally, I was smart enough to follow my instinct and file for leave. I know we didn't have work yesterday because of Thanksgiving (Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all!). Then I'll have this Saturday and Sunday off. Today is one of the best days to skip work.


'Tis my sister's 18th birthday too. I can still remember when I celebrated my "debut". I never wanted a huge party even if we could somehow afford it at that time. I wanted a small celebration with friends and family and that's what I got. Six years later, it's my sister's turn to step into the legal age. Now, she is an adult and all actions and decisions she makes are all her responsibilities. Well, I just wish her all the happiness in the world. It will be tough, but it will be worth it. :)


Last night, our budget allowed the whole family to have dinner outside together. Those are rare times nowadays and I'm quite glad I was hungry enough to enjoy the food too. Hahaha! We watched a movie after that. Slept late but it was well worth it. Hope we could have more of those bonding moments. It's getting more difficult because all three of us "kids" have our "own" lives now-- getting busier with whatever, no time for the parents and all that. Sheesh.


Anyways, got a well-deserved haircut today. I felt lighter and prettier too! Hehehe! Probably my way for preparing for the holidays and all that. I mean, I was invited to an inaugural party next week and I don't wanna look stressed out and ugly (although I feel exactly that). It's going to be a mini-reunion too. I hope there will be no changes in schedules that will make me miss it (NOT!). Hahaha! I am such a bad girl. I guess I am not ready to face those people I met way back in high school. Isn't it weird when most of my batchmates seem to be getting married and having babies nowadays? :p




This is one of the reasons why I can't wait for December to come. A few more days and I can proudly say I will own something valuable bought from my own money-- product of blood and sweat. Hahaha! (Picture taken from Nokia, model Nokia 6610i)





No comments: