Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sanity Check

It's a sizzling hot summer day and I had an awful day at work. If it wasn't for the money, I'd quit a long time ago. I just think of my family and swallow my pride and tears. The family is worth sacrificing for. It may be easy sometimes but it can also be stressful and I'm near my breaking point. Good thing I have a a few "breathers" to look forward to in the coming weeks. I'll be joining some officemates and my college buddies in 2 separate of out-of-town trips and yes, almost-broke me will be freeloading most of the time. Thank God for birthdays and balikbayans. I just hope I'll last til then. I have been trying to earn bonuses to save up money for a summer vacation for my family, despite deductions from that friggin' headset that got lost (stolen!). It is always different to spend out-of-town trips with the family. But circumstances just have this knack of happening at the wrong time. The month is halfway through and I might not get my quality bonus because of a power-tripping, overworked quality analyst. Sheesh! I'm burning out.


Pardon the bad vibes. Just to change things and make it more positive, here are a few doses of sanity:



  • Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.

  • Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.

  • If you can't solve it, it is not a problem-- it's reality.

  • Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It's only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.

  • Happiness is like perfume; you can't pour on others without getting a few drops yourself.




Hope your day turns out better than mine! :)

2 comments:

loryces said...

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

>>>haha natawa ako dito ah! those are so true. will keep them in mind. :)

Unknown said...

Nakuha ko lang yan sa isang forwarded text message. Di ko alam sino nagsulat eh kaya di ko ma-quote. Hehe!