Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday Morning Thoughts

I can't believe it's July again. A part of me is really looking forward to this month and a part doesn't want it to just pass me by. I wanna take this a day at a time, but changes at work shook me up a bit. It was a welcome change though and I expected the information overload, but there are sacrifices being made. I have also been missing some things and some people.


There are moments when I wanted to be alone. Yet it is still different when I spend time with my friends. Lately, I have been spending most of my time at work on my own. My schedule erratic due to my OJT (on-the-job training). Yes, despite my hesitation, I applied for a supervisory position. I did not pass the opportunity this time. I have one more week to go to complete this training and then I'll be back to my usual schedule. Thank God.


I was hoping I can get my weekends off again in time for New Worlds: Transformed and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" book launch. I will be missing an out-of-town get-together with my friends at work (*sniff*), but I just could not miss out on the NWA events. I have been waiting for the July event/s for a year! It is one of the instances when I wish I could split myself.


Despite the hullabaloo, a part of me isn't 100% happy. I am excited that my month has finally arrived, but sometimes I think of the reason why I am not "allowed" to be completely happy. I wonder why when a one aspect of life is going smoothly, another aspect tends to be messed up. I think of my father when I'm at home. I think of how he can get well. When I have fun, I feel guilty because I know there are still problems at home that need to be addressed. I think of the people who are willing to help and willing to listen. I am grateful they are a part of my life.


I don't wanna end this entry on a sad note. I just wish us all the happiness. If not, then I wish us all the mindset and outlook to see life in an optimistic way. It's gonna be difficult especially during bad times, but these too shall pass.

No comments: