Monday, October 08, 2007

Breakaway

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

~ "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson ~



I've been waiting for some months now. Even before my father was hospitalized, I already applied for the supervisory position at work. I told myself that I did my best and I will accept whatever happens. It's been a long wait but I'm patient. I believe that in certain circumstances, good things come to those who wait.


Last Saturday was my brother's birthday (Belated Happy Birthday, dear Bro! Mwah!). That was also the same day when management announced that out of the 5 of us who applied for the position, I am one of the two who got the job. I actually felt surreal that time. I was still taking my calls and I couldn't concentrate. I was itching to tell my family about it because I know the promotion will help our finances. My friends were there to congratulate me and with that, I am truly grateful.


I see this as a blessing and I know there are going to be some sacrifices too. I'm gonna miss the beks-- my friends and shift-mates because I won't be having the same shift anymore. I might not be getting weekends off too. I'm gonna miss waking up late than usual. I'm gonna miss a lot of people and a lot of things but change is the only thing that's constant. I'm just happy this opportunity was given to me. I'll just do my best and show them they didn't make a mistake in choosing me. Hahaha!


I know not everyone will be pleased about this but I don't care. There will always be people who will accept me and love me for who I am. Thanks to those who sent their congratulations and regards. :)

3 comments:

Rob said...

congratulations! :)

kikaygal said...

Congratulations Ate Karen! You deserved it!!!

Hugs and kisses,
Liza

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! :)