Saturday, April 24, 2004

Going the Distance

I was down in the dumps earlier when I learned that we might not see each other this weekend. It's been three weeks and to think he's only a taxi ride away. It seems our schedules just don't meet.

That plus the fact that I was not feeling well made me lay down in bed for about an hour staring into nothingness. My left jugulodigastric lymph nodes (the one just below my left ear) is tender and painful to the touch, probably because of my aching left molars. Ouch!

Then this song started playing on the radio...

Coz you left me just when I needed you most...

Damn. Screw sentimentality.

Then I started reading Day 14: When God seems distant. There's this note that states "Any relationship involves time of closeness and time of distance..." Bull's eye. (Now, I'm missing all my friends that are far from me!)

I learned that God wants us to trust Him rather than feel Him. He prefers faith than feelings. It actually helps in developing a mature relationship and probably that's what I'm going through. Then I just have to continue believing in Him especially through times when I feel abandoned.

This made me remember Christ's passion:

"Jesus gave up everything so you could have everything. He died so you could live forever. That alone is worthy of your continual thanks and praise. Never again should you wonder what you have to be thankful for!"

No comments: