Monday, April 19, 2004

In the past few days, I've noted some heartmelting quotes:

EDWARD: Will you marry me?
SANDY: But you don't even know me!
EDWARD: I have my whole lifetime to know you.
(From "Big Fish")

"A lover can be in the head a madman and in the heart a minstrel."
~ Tristran Thorn (From "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman)

Then last night, he opened up his problems to me. We may not see each other for another week and it made me sad. I asked him if I can help him in any way I can, I would. Then he replied, "All I'm asking for is your patience in my shortcomings." I know it isn't too much to ask and I know I am patient enough to give that to him. But I still can't help but feel sad.

Now that's one quote I'm not going to forget in a long time.

---------------------

Day 10: Surrender is the heart of worship

There are things that I take as my own-- my problems, my responsibilities, the fruits of my labor to name a few. Maybe I'd start surrendering them to Him.

No comments: