Sunday, April 04, 2004

His Passion



*SPOILERS GALORE*
*SPOILERS GALORE*
*SPOILERS GALORE*

I expected I'd cry buckets of tears. My mom and sis actually cried more than I did (considering I'm the crybaby. Hehe!) I was not sniffling, but then there were teardrops falling silently during some scenes. Plus there was an uncomfortable constriction in my throat when I was trying hard to prevent these teardrops from falling. I realized I am guilty. I knew my sins were once of those wounds piercing His skin.

I felt this heaviness on my chest during the scene where he was scorned by Caiphas and his followers. I love the acting of the disciples Peter and Judas. I was moved. At first, I did not know what the devil's role was in the movie because as far as my Catholic education was concerned, the last time Jesus encountered the devil was during the devil's temptation when He was fasting for 40 days. But I think the scenes including the devil during those last hours before the crucifixion was also a great idea (plus the portrayal of a woman). The makeup was amazing during the scourging at the pillar. I can feel the pain of those wounds! The first batch of tears fell after scourging Christ and Mary was asking herself why, how and when... *sniff* The second batch came down after Christ fell the third time during the carrying of the cross, then Mary came running toward Him... *sniff* A scene was inserted about Jesus when He also fell down as a kid (really cute kid! May pass as a hobbit. :))

As one of the most underrated actors for me, Jim Caviezel proved to be deserving of the role of Jesus Christ. I cannot think of any other actor who can play that role and who will look as convincing. I also have to admit he has pretty eyes! Two thumbs up to Mel Gibson! I love the part when this drop of water fell down after Jesus dies on the cross. Before that was the bird's eye view of Calvary. Beautiful! Then after three days, Jesus was standing beside His bed of rock in Simon of Arimathea's tomb, then they showed the holy shroud shrinking with each camera movement... *sigh*

I need to watch it again.

--------------------

Today is Palm Sunday.

No comments: