Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Bits and Pieces

A lot of people in the office are talking about the UP Lantern Parade later today. Some are even asking me to watch. I don't know why but I don't seem excited enough to sacrifice my sleeping time to watch it. Maybe because most of the people who made my life in UP memorable and bearable are not around anymore to keep me company. So, why bother?

--------------------
I feel tired and sleepy today despite drinking a cup of coffee and a coke in can within my work shift. I am not much of a coffee-drinker lately nor a softdrink-lover for that matter, but I had to get a dose of caffeine just to keep me going. I have an inkling why but I am just scared to admit it to myself. Some things are better kept unrevealed.

--------------------
An officemate is going to watch "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" tonight. It's the premiere by Globe. They're giving free tickets to the first 400 Gentexters. I remembered when my friend and I used to wait for the premiere of "The Fellowship of the Ring" about two years ago. We were there at 10AM. It was so funny since I was just dragged to that premiere. I never thought I would thank her for introducing me to JRR Tolkien and his Lord of the Rings. We were, I think, the 16th and 17th Gentexters who fell in line for the movie two hours before the screening time. Imagine that! But it was worth it.

I still have a Gentext card but I couldn't go since I have work tonight. And besides, she is not with me anymore, so it would not be fun to watch alone. I'd rather wait for the TPTS advance screening and share the movie with my friends and fellow Tolkienites.

--------------------
I wish it's the weekend already.

No comments: